It is packed with insights about how to maximize your personal productivity while utilizing technology, good communication skills, organization and goal setting.
Here are the first 5 tips from the article.
1. Prioritize and only do what matters. Avoid busy work and going in all directions. Say no to stuff that won’t move the needle. See the post on the Power of no.
2. When everything is important, nothing is important. Establish a language of P1, P2, P3 -- levels of priorities. You only do some P1s in practice. Relentlessly prioritize.
3. Refuse to accept vague goals. Distill to clarity, then execute.
4. Never add new tasks in front of the queue, add them to the bottom. Complete what you are doing first. See my post on action lists for more info.
5. Create and manage your schedule in a calendar. Use time blocks for different types of calls, meetings, heads-down work and even email, family time and workouts.