- It goes without saying that your mobile site has to look terrific. Today's shoppers don't want to access a website they have to pinch and zoom to navigate. Plain and simple, your online presence has to function perfectly on mobile devices. Create a responsive website that looks great on smartphones, tablets, computers and TV's, then invest in a native app that mirrors your website content. You can then update a single website and feel confident that your content is consistent no matter how it is accessed.
- When choosing a responsive template for your website be sure that the mobile version delivers clean, clear graphics that load quickly, along with a compelling call to action for mobile users.
- Text message marketing works, as long as you understand that text messages start out as interruptions. Therefore your messages must offer recipients something that makes up for the interruption like an announcement that a new product just became available. Text messages should be used sparingly. Experts suggested starting with only two text messages per month, then monitoring click-through and unsubscribe rates to determine if they should be sent more often.
- A 2013 eMarketing survey found that among mobile social media users, 60% visit mobile sites daily and today that percentage should be substantially higher. One of the top activities of mobile social media users is photo sharing, and this indicates that using more imagery than text in your social media marketing makes your social media strategy more effective. Mobile social media also offers important location information, and this data can make it easier to capture the attention of mobile users on the go.
- Digital data is being generated at a staggering rate, and mobile technology is a major driver of data proliferation. Automobile manufacturers are testing the use of vehicle registration data, mobile device location information, and data from auto marketing researchers to deliver ads to people when they visit auto dealer locations. But other insights can be unlocked from mobile data, like how mobile data fits into consumer data overall, which patterns are emerging, and how marketers can improve the consumer experience.
- Test your website across multiple devices using Google's PageSpeed Insights tool. Go to:
www.google.com/think/multiscreen to see how your site looks and
performs on the mobile platform.