- I can’t find good people to hire in this area
- Customers are different in this area
- I tried that idea once and it didn’t work for me
- I can’t afford that
These excuses vastly limit the way you do business, and accepting these excuses might be nothing more than creating a comfort zone for yourself that you’re terrified to break free from. Someone very wise once said that greatness begins where your comfort zone ends. Breaking free from these, and other excuses, has the potential to bring greatness into your personal and professional lives.
The best business owners never accept these excuses, because they know these justifications will grow like a cancer in their business creating an environment of “I know I should do better but I just can’t”. Great owners know excuses create a learned behavior of bad results and an environment of general apathy – eventually leading to what I call business suicide.
So… Do you think like a GREAT business owner? Great business owners:
- Are always looking to improve. Every day in every way.
- Always act as their own harshest critic
- Take personal responsibility for every decision in their business
- Are naturally curious and have a teachable spirit
- Are always open to learn more.
- Are bold and can make quick decisions – hard decisions must NOT be avoided due to a fear of failure
- Create an expectation of winning – and therefore, attract winners
- Are very clear about what they expect and hold their team accountable
- Create a culture of positive attitudes and live with the motto “Coach, counsel, and inspect what you expect”
Are you creating a successful, thriving business? Or, are you allowing excuses to lead you to commit business suicide? Being great is a CHOICE. What choice are you making?