The success of your social media marketing plan lies in the content and how you promote it. With a solid content strategy, social media is where you will reach your ideal customers….and stay in contact with your current customers. Google has stated that content is king, and therefore must be the major component of your total internet marketing and web presence management strategy.
Change is inevitable in the way with which we try to reach our customers and especially in regard to social media.
1. Are you still asking for Likes and/or ReTweets? This call to action works, but people are smarter now. Facebook seems to have gotten wise to this strategy as an attempt to gain better ranking. Stop it. The best way to get Likes and ReTweets is to publish awesome content.
2. Are your profiles commercials for your products or services? The best content tells stories about what it is like to do business with you, while the fo
rmer is really just a brochure.
3. Automated direct messages are annoying and can work to damage your brand. Stop it.
4. If you are still setting up automatic Tweets to post to Facebook and vice versa, you can be perceived as lazy. Stop it.
5. If you are posting just to post something stop it. If you are posting once or twice per day make sure that you have a solid content strategy where each time you post, it’s something that stands out to those people you want to attract and have conversations with.
6. If you are not using images with your posts you are not maximizing your opportunity for the best possible results. Visual content speaks louder than almost any other form of communication so let this be a driving force in your content strategy.
In the coming months more will be revealed. I think that I have given you enough information, which if taken to heart will keep you very busy.
(This blog post was partly inspired by published information from Kathi Kruse of KruseControlInc.com).